Tuesday 8 May 2012

Versatile Blogger Award

The lovely Jane at A pocket full of daisys has kindly nominated me for a versatile blogger award - why not head over to her blog and say hi!  So anyway, without further ado....

 So the rules are as follows:



Nominate 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging.

  1. Let them know that you have nominated them.
  2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
  3. Thank the bloggers that have nominated you.
  4. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post
The people I'd like to nominate are below.  I have to confess that they're not all new to the world of blogging, but they are all blogs that I enjoy reading regularly.

Kate at Helter Skelter
Kris at Duke Says Sew What
Deb at Life on the Selvage Edge
Jeany at Meanyjar
Deb at Works in Progress
Anna at Noodlehead
Jen at lea & lars
Paula at Paula's Witch Stitchery
Emma at Lemons for Lemonade
Brenda at justabitfrayed
Rachael at Sew Ray Me
Meg at The Mad Quilting Librarian
Joanna at Two Owls Design
Ellie at Sew Far Sew Good
Rachel at houseofpinheiro

I hope none of you ladies mind being nominated!


And now for 7 completely random facts about me....


1.     I pretty much always end up wearing odd socks.  It's not planned, it's not a statement; it's simply a reflection of my (lack of) organisation skills!

2.     I beat cancer in 2001.  Or rather the amazingly skilled surgeon and fantastic medical team that looked after me did, and for that I will be eternally grateful.  My heart goes out to everyone whose lives are affected by this cruel disease.

3.     I wish I could speak another language and I'm in awe of those people who can.

4.     I don't like peace and quiet, it unnerves me. Whenever I'm alone I'll have music or the tv keeping me company.

5.     I've graduated twice - in 1999 and 2009.

6.     I've been vegetarian for the last 5 years, and I love cooking.

7.     I'm a wellies, mud and music kinda girl - I'm in my element slap bang in the middle of a festival!
    x

7 comments:

  1. Congrats and thank you! I wear mismatched socks, too, and I don't care!! :-) appreciate your shout out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me feel better kris, we should wear odd socks with pride! x

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your award, and many thanks for nominating me for Versatile Blogger :)

    I would love to be able to speak another language too - I studied French and Italian to GCSE level at school, but I don't think I have the brain for languages!

    Have a lovely Wednesday x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be amazing right! i did my german GCSE but I can't really remember anything.

      Delete
  3. Odd socks hehe love it! And so glad you made a recovery from cancer must of been an awful time in your life x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for nominating me for the award!

    (I couldn't reply to your comment on my blog via email as your email address isn't visible in your blogger profile)

    I'll have to spend a bit of time coming up with my 'interesting facts'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you Fi :-) I want to do this but i don't know enough people hahaha! x

    ReplyDelete